afternoon ladies and gents... i trust you are all enjoying your holiday weekend, i know i am :) we've had quite the busy weekend down here in lovely cape may... Saturday was the coast guard yard sale... and people come from all over to find some deals and steals... we weren't really selling anything, just a jogging stroller a surf board and some baby things... but some of my friends made out like bandits... and with money from the sale, and from a cupcake order i had on Friday, i was itching to spend...
so myself and two lovely ladies had an amazing dinner at this place in town called "island grill", then we headed out to see "bridesmaids"... now, just a quick story before i get on to the post... yes, the movie was hilarious and raunchy to boot, but the very best part of was the actual movie theater audience... besides myself and my friends, we were amongst what looked like a senior citizens outing... and then if that wasn't enough, mom of the year was there with her 6 year old son! hello lady! what in the *bleep* were you thinking!! at one point the unmentionable of bad lady slang words was muttered (you know, the "c" word), and the kid blurts out "mom what's a C---?"... needless to say the whole audience lost it... i kid you not!!! hilarious!!
anyways, i just had to share that comical gem... so onto the post... moist vanilla bean cupcakes, vanilla cream cheese frosting, drizzled with rich dark buttery salt caramel, and an ancho chili sprinkle... oh my, really good! no reason or rhyme as to why i chose to make this cupcake, it just kinda happened to come together... and i'm so happy it did
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
8 tbsp (1 stick) melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 large egg whites
1 1/8 cup vanilla nonfat yogurt
1. preheat oven to 325°F and prep cupcake tins with paper liners
2. sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside
3. in mixer, beat together melted butter and sugar until combined, then add egg whites and beat until mixture is smooth and light, and then add in vanilla
4. add flour mixture in two additions, alternating with the yogurt.
5. bake for 20-25 minutes, until cupcakes are barely golden on top, remove from oven, let cool in tins for 10 minutes, then cool on wire rack