so there has been this recipe circulating around that i've wanted to try ever since i saw the first picture of them... they just looked so delectable and delicious... and i've heard nothing but rave reviews about their taste... so i just had to make them...
when it comes to fresh out of the oven chocolate cookies i'm weak in the knees... unfortunately, these cookies take a little bit of patience... they have to chill for a while before baking, so you can't just mix 'em up, bake and eat... but believe me... they are worth it!! i never had so many requests for more and more of them... luckily i made an entire second batch... he he he...
chocolate crackle cookies recipe
recipe yields about 4 dozen cookies
1 1/4 cuo all purpose flour
1/2 cup dutch process cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/ tsp salt
8 ozs. bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 lrg. eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole milk
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 cup confectioners sugar
1. chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt over a double boiler until smooth, then set aside to cool
2. sift together all dry ingredients
3. in a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar until fluffy
4. add eggs and vanilla until well combined, then add melted chocolate
5. now, with mixer on low, alternately add the flour and milk until well combined
6. divide the dough into quarters, and wrap each quarter tightly in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours
7. on clean counter top dusted with confectioners sugar, roll the dough into a log measuring 16" long and 1" thick, wrap again firmly in plastic wrap, and chill 30 minutes atop a cookie sheet
8. preheat oven to 350
9. cut the logs into 1" pieces, toss in the granulated sugar, roll into a ball and then roll around in confectioners sugar until completely covered
10. place the balls about 2" apart on a silicon lined baking sheet, and bake 10-12 minutes (i like them a little underdone, you could bake them 12-15 minutes if you prefer), until the sugar starts to split and crack
11. cool completely on a wire rack
12. eat eat eat eat and eat... they are addicting!!
if you get the chance... make these... they are unbelievable!