fat bottom

fat bottom

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

what you craving?

i decided that i have to do something to challenge myself when it comes to this baking addiction of mine...
i decided that if i really want to go forward with this as my career i need to start being a bit more proactive then just baking on a whim...
thats why i have decided to start a weekly challenge for myself...
every monday i am going to ask my facebook friends "what you craving?"... and i will randomly pick one of their cravings and bake it up... now it could be anything they want... sweet or savory... cake, pastry or cookie... chocolate, raspberry or green tea... anything... i want them to challenge me and get my creative juices flowing...
here's the challenge... they can give me any idea... they can simply say "something strawberry" and i can make anything using that ingredient... strawberry creamcheese breakfast muffins perhaps, or maybe strawberry and dark chocolate truffles, or a strawberry sorbet... or they can simply say "cheesecake" and i can go as simple or as complex as i want... or they can give me a specific idea like "smores cupcakes" or "creme brulee"...
i will ask this question every monday morning, pick a winning craving by tuesday night, bake it or make it by thursday and have it posted to this blog by friday (no later then 4p.m)...
i'm hoping this will work out, and that i have a good response... so far, i've had some good ideas thrown my way...
now, as for anyone reading this and would like to participate too, i will post a "what you craving?" every monday on this blog as well... so please feel free to challenge me and throw me a suggestion...
so... here we go...
for the "what you craving" challenge # 1
i decided to go with the first suggestion by the lovely shanna which was... "hmm i'm cravinggg at 11:30 monday morning...something with chocolate toffee almonds and raspberry..cake or cookie you decide!"
so... thats what i have to work with... a pretty good plethora of ideas... i thank you shanna... and stay tuned for the yummy results...
happy baking everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! It will challenge you and get you baking stuff you may not have chosen to bae yourself ordinarily. Very very cool and I will definitely participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to challenge myself this year too.

    Can't wait for Monday to roll around so I get to give you my 2 cents! :)

    Happy Friday!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! And I'm looking forward to hearing what you're craving!

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you're thinking :)