fat bottom

fat bottom

Saturday, March 21, 2009

booze and bake!

so... as i said on my last post, i was getting ready to celebrate my hometowns st. patty's day parade, and all the craziness that ensues... and like all the years before, it was good times!

the day starts off with a face paced downhill 1 mile run down the avenue, followed by a parade filled with firemen, horses, floats of all kinds, lots of bagpipes, some new york politicians, cute little irish dancers, and lots of wacky people... and the entire streets are lined with green-clad drunks...
here's some of the many bagpipers...
jacks favorite... firetrucks!
and this guy...

my lucky little guy with his party beads!
usually we start at my moms house, walk the parade route stopping in one of the many bars to get a drink, and then we end at my brothers place where we have a few drinks, then back to moms for a feast of good ol 'irish food... sheppards pie galore, cornbeef and cabbage, lots of potatoes, corn chowder, lots of soda bread... while back at moms, we get down and drity and play a mean game of bingo thanks to nana, and the winners all recieve green prizes... like irish spring soap, a box of green jello, all sorts of green cheesie knick-knacks...


"i love you man..." jack and his cousin brandon, what were these two drinking...
so anyways bake to the cupcakes...
being that it was an irish celebration, i went with a good ol' irish dessert... irish carbomb cupcakes... guiness chocolate cupcakes, filled with a baileys chocolate mousse, topped with a jameson infused buttercream... they were freakin' awesome...
the yummy inside...

cheers everyone!



2 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post, but I had to comment...Guiness cupcakes? You're awesome! My wife and I are from Monmouth County...Now living in the south, your blog is a refreshing taste of home. I enjoy your site.

    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jj! i figured i had to go as irish as i could for st.paddys day! glad you enjoy my blog! it makes me smile that people get enjoyment out of what i do!

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you're thinking :)