the day following ben's christening, i had the privilege of baking cupcakes for a very nice woman who was celebrating her daughters 1st birthday... and guess what?! they were my first paying customer... i was so freakin excited!! i've never felt such a combination of excitement and nervousness... i've been baking for years, and for the most part they've been just made for family and friend consumption, luckily for me my family is as eager to eat my creations and i am to bake them...
so as i was saying... i finally had a customer... this is a whole new ballgame for me... but hopefully this is a beginning to what i hope is my career...
a few posts ago i posted some cupcakes i had made for my little dudes, with white and blue swirled frosting, and thats basically what i did for these, except that i used a combination of light pink and white frosting and cute little flowers (i'm getting better and faster at making them, the flowers that is... ) and i once again used my new favorite vanilla cake recipe... it's so DELICIOUS...
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 ozs. melted butter
1 cup of sugar
3 large egg whites
1 tbsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups vanilla yogurt (i've been using stonyfield organic french vanilla)
* this recipe was abapted from "lovin from the oven's" confetti cupcakes, which is a super aweseome recipe... i added 1 more egg white and 2 more tbsp's of butter to my recipe... which added extra fluffiness and moistness... i love this cake recipe...
1. preheat the oven to 325
2. sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside
3. in the bowl of a mixer, combine the sugar and melted butter and mix until combined
4. add the egg whites, and mix until light
5. add vanilla
6. alternately add the flour and the yogurt (begin and end with the flour), and mix just until all combined
7. bake for about 20 minutes, cool and enjoy!
happy birthday lily and happy baking everyone!