what do you get when you combine a flaky buttery crust with an ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie, and then... bonus! smother them both with a silky dark chocolate ganache...
umm... yea, that's right... you get pure awesomeness...
this recipe comes from one of the most inventive and talented ladies on the block... bakerella... if you know of her, you know how amazing she is... i wish i could add as much detail into my work as she does... maybe one day (insert daydream sequence)...
but anyways... this recipe was simple and very, very satisfying... it was so good, and so filling that i had to loosen my belt after i ate a slice... and don't even get me started on the milk... i am no fan of the moo-juice... but this dessert just screams "ICE COLD MILK!"...
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1. preheat oven 325 degrees F
2. beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy
3. beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar, then beat in butter
4. stir in chocolate chips and nuts and spoon into pie shell
5. bake for 55-60 minutes, cool on wire rack and serve warm