first off... i'm kinda psyched about my pictures for this post... i used my hubbys snazzy camera all by myself, and kudos to me... but now on to business...
a few weeks ago, i came across this recipe at "Bake or Break" and i knew i HAD to try it... and man oh' man... these were amazing... i'm not a fan of cakey brownies... i like my brownies on the fudgy more underdone side... and these were just that... super fudgy... not overly chocolaty... and BONUS! the sea salt... i love sweet and salty treats... these were a big hit with the hubs too... of course he smothered his in ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream and guittard chocolate sprinkles... me... i'm more simple... a shot of espresso, or a glass of red wine with the brownie... and i'm a happy camper...
so if you're in the mood for an awesome chocolaty treat... bake a batch of these up... soo goooooooood!
fudgy seasalt brownies
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
2 ozs. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. preheat oven to 350° and line a 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, letting the excess hang over the edges and lightly butter the foil
2. melt butter and chocolate on low heat on the stovetop in a saucepan or in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl. remove from heat or microwave
3. one at a time, whisk in cocoa, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and flour
4. pour into prepared pan, and sprinkle salt over top of batter, then using a butter knife, swirl salt into brownie batter
5. bake for 30-35 minutes, until edges are set and center is a bit soft, a toothpick inserted in the center should come out with a little batter coating it
6. cool at room temperature for an hour, then cool in refrigerator for an hour or until firm