i feel like i'm in a bit of a funk lately... kinda like i'm suffering from a slight motivation problem... which is not a good thing when the hubby's away and the kids want to play...
i know for the most part it's because i am not feeling that well, blah blah blah... lingering health issues, blah blah blah... but i'm not going to bore you with that...
what i will do instead is share with you a quick and super easy recipe for banana bread... and right now on this chilly grey day, it's the perfect thing to warm you up a bit, not to mention it will make your house smell ahhhmazing!!
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups of sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cup of smashed bananas
2 lrg. eggs
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1. preheat the oven to 350, and grease and flour a 8x8 cake pan (you can actually make them into muffins too)
2. in a medium bowl, sift and combine all the dry ingredients
3. make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add all the wet ingredients plus the chocolate chips
4. incorporate the ingredients together, but don't overmix
5. spread the batter into the pan, and bake 30-35 minutes or do the ol' toothpick trick
in other news... i'm working on a fun giveaway for you all... i'm busy putting it together... but i promise it will be something fun :) so stay tuned!!
on a side note... my littlest guy started pre-k... it just blows my mind to think about it... he really likes school so far, even though he sometimes acts like he's too cool for it... honestly, this kid thinks he's a real bad ass... it makes me laugh
enjoy this cozy up weather... and as always... happy baking!