so... i have a delightful treat for you all... a rich and luscious frozen dessert that is as simple to make as it is amazing to eat... frozen banana cream custard with peanut butter and homemade hot fudge sauce... and the kicker... NO ICE CREAM MAKER NEEDED... are you hooked yet?!?
so here's the list of the main ingredients:
14ozs. (1 can) of sweetened condensed milk
1 pint of heavy cream, whipped into medium stiff peaks
1 package of instant pudding mix, any flavor you fancy... i chose banana
*and any mix ins you want... i went with peanut butter and some homemade hot fudge i had made the day prior... honestly, you can mix in just about anything... go crazy, get creative, be happy!
now here's the break down...
1. empty one can of sweetened condensed milk to a large mixing bowl
2. using a hand mixer, blend in 1 package of instant pudding mix
3. fold in the pint of the heavy cream which was previously transformed into billowy whipped cream
4. now the mix ins... i used little buttons of peanut butter, and some ribbons of fudge... thanks to the recipe found over at kevin and amanda's blog... so happy for their stellar ideas :)
5. slightly blend in the mix ins... place into a container and freeze for at least 24 hours, and resist the urge to splurge before it's ready!!
now you have it folks... creamy, thick and oh so decadent frozen custard like ice cream... i wouldn't exactly call it ice cream, because it has a thicker consistency... and let me warn you, it is RICH... i could hardly finish my bowl... but it was hard to put the spoon down... my thighs won't be too appreciative...
there's nothing wrong with a little more fudge, is there... says the fatty...
well... enjoy your weekend... and if you're feeling fancy... get off your butt and in the kitchen... you won't regret making this dish!!
and as always... happy baking :)