fat bottom

fat bottom

Monday, March 29, 2010

ready to take 5... lets enjoy a chocolate induced coma...


well hello everyone... you ready for some over indulgent chocolate cake yumminess... then pull up a chair and get ready for this cake right here... so lets take five... no, seriously... thats exactly what we are going to do... because this is my ode to a "take 5" candy bar...

the first time i experienced the pleasure of eating a "take 5" candy bar, i felt almost naughty... i felt like i was cheating on my long time love, the "snickers"... how could i betray a candy bar i've been enjoying for years... easy... take 5's kick ass! i mean come on... the sweet combo of pretzels, peanut butter, caramel and chocolate.... mmm... delicious...

so... while rummaging through my cabinets and baking supplies, and racking my brain about what kind of cake to make, i came across a "take 5" candy bar, which surprised me because usually my husband and i wrestle for the last piece... and then as i was eating and savoring, i had an epiphany... how simple, but how amazing would a cake like that taste... so i was on a mission...

first i used my favorite chocolate cake recipe of all time... this cake is fudgy, moist, and oh-so chocolaty... and i get great results each time... mmm...

for layer number one i used a generous helping of homemade peanut butter mousse... topped with crunched up pretzels and smothered with some homemade salt caramel...


layer number two was a wee bit different... instead of pretzels i used some mini chocolate chippers... look at those little guys swimming in the yummy caramel... mmm...

finally the cake was topped with some more peanut butter mousse...
helloo there...
and then for the finale... drizzled with some dark chocolate ganache...
mmm... the peanut butter mousse looks like it's playing peek-a-boo... or drowning in a sea of chocolaty amazingness...
and here's the final product... now let me tell you something... this didnt just satisfy my craving, it outdid itself... i closed my eyes each time i took a bite... it was that good...

happy baking everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I don't even like chocolate and I think that's amazing!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister might die for this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I would LOVE to get this recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the link for your "favorite chocolate cake recipe of all time" doesn't work... :( I'm dyeing to make this delicious looking cake...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey jan! i fixed the link! enjoy this cake!! it's oooh sooooo good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...yum! I cannot even get enough of looking at this! This looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks divine!! I think i gained 5 pounds looking at it! Would it be possible to get the recipe for the PB mousse? I've never made that before. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you're thinking :)