but anyways... i needed something to do... the laundry was done, the bedrooms were all straightened up, and dinner was in the crock pot... and the pages on pinterest were starting to blur... so... i looked through some of the recipes i had pinned... and found a simple pretzel recipe that had recieved rave reviews from the other readers... so... now i had something to do...
1 cup of
1 pkg. yeast, or 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
3 tbsp. light brown sugar, packed
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour, and more for kneading
2 tbsp. of softened unsalted butter
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup baking soda
3 cups of warm water
1. warm the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it reaches about 110, then add the milk into a bowl and add the yeast to the milk to soften and bloom...
2. add the brown sugar and 1 cup of the flour to the milk mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon (or you can use a standing mixer with a dough hook attachment... which is what i did)
3. then add the softened butter, mixing in well... then finally add the rest of the flour... the dough should be smooth and slightly tacky...
4. place the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place until doubled in size (about 1 hour)
5. once the dough is doubled, punch down and knead on a floured surface... divide the dough into six equal pieces... roll and stretch each piece into a 30 inch rope... then shape it into a pretzel shape (try your best!!)
6. dissolve the baking soda in the warm water in a shallow dish, and gently dip each pretzel in the soda solution, sprinkle with salt, and then arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown... then cool slightly, and enjoy...
mr. pretzel face :)