hey everyone... happy hump day, and i hope everyone is enjoying their week so far... it's certainly been a busy stressful few weeks here...
firstly, my littlest guy had to get his tonsils and adenoids out... the little dude and i had to stay over night in the hospital, which i was happy to do because he was very grouchy and refusing his meds... and that didn't stop once we went home, oh no... it was 2 weeks of crankiness of which the likes i have never known... he wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink, wouldn't take any meds... bedtime was a disaster, up every few hours in agony crying and saying he had "boo boo's in my frooat"... my poor little man... but little by little he started to come back to his little rascally ways...
and on top of all that craziness... my hubby was getting ready to get underway again, he'll be away for another 2 months... so he'll be back in april... blaaahhh...
so...in other news, big news (well for me anyways), my little guy also just turned three... three... i still can't wrap my mind around that... honestly, it feels like he has been here forever... he just is the cutest, goofiest, little blue eyed dimpled hooligan... and i'm so blessed to have him as my son...
when i asked the little man what dessert he wanted for his birthday, he replied "cookies"... what type of cookies i asked... "blue cookies" he said very matter of factly... well... after two weeks of him being in misery, i was ready to give him anything he wanted, he needed a good cheering up... so... blue cookies it was...
so.. i baked up a batch and topped with baby blue buttercream...
and the birthday boy couldn't have been any happier :)
6 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1. in the bowl of a stand mixer with the flat beater attached, cream the butter and granulated sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes... scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed
2. add the eggs, one at a time beating until each incorporated... then add the vanilla and sour cream and beat at low speed until combined
3. add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined, scraping down the bowl as needed... then divide the dough into two sections, and flatten into rectangles then wrap with plastic wrap... chill the dough in the refrigerator overnight or at least two hours until firm
4. preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and line 2 large baking sheets with silicon mats, or parchment paper or even spray them with nonstick cooking spray, set aside
5. on a floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness... using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out circles and transfer to a baking sheet... bake for 7 minutes, until pale golden... and then immediately transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool
happy birthday to my little benjamin scout... we love you so
and as always... happy baking everyone