fat bottom

fat bottom

Monday, February 27, 2012

snickerdoodles... what a fun word to say...

i have a confession to make... i, in all my years of baking, have never made snickerdoodles... i don't know why... it's not that i don't like cinnamon... i love it... sprinkled on pancakes, waffles, in my coffee, in hot cocoa, in cupcakes and in brownies, for heavens sake... cinnamon rolls!!!

so...what was holding me back from making snickerdoodles... i have no freakin' idea... just me being lame i guess :)

now i didn't go looking for a specific snickerdoodle recipe... i just used my favorite sugar cookie recipe, sprinkled some cinnamon into the cookie dough... then rolled the dough into a mix of cinnamon, light brown sugar and raw sugar...
the result... a delicious fragrant cinnamon cookie coated with a crunchy cinnamon sugar coating... perfect with tea... perfect with coffee... perfect when crumbled on top of vanilla bean ice cream... just perfect...


and as always... happy baking to you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you're thinking :)